Monday, July 19, 2010

When Do I Start Kindergarten?

We have started our back to school shopping already. Registration is in just a few short weeks. Sissy keeps asking me when she gets to start Kindergarten. She actually means Preschool. I have talked to her about the possibility of going back to preschool in the fall. She is very excited about this. She is still having speech issues that I would like to have addressed before she actually starts Kindergarten in fall of 2011.

Our school district has a need based preschool program. The kids have to be screened & meet certain criteria to be eligible for the program. If there are lots of empty spaces they will accept children who do not have the greatest amount of need. I fully believe that Sissy will not have a problem with qualifying for the program again given her history of speech problems.

I need her to be in the pm class, because I want her to continue with the great preschool program that her daycare offers as well. She will learn more at daycare than at preschool. I just need to be able to coordinate transportation for her, which will not be the easiest thing to accomplish.

Hopefully we can get things figured out to get her back into speech services.

No comments: