Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Countdown Has Begun

Samantha is so excited about starting Kindergarten next week that she asks every morning if this is the day that she goes to "big school". She has been attending a daycare/preschool since she was 18 months old so she refers to her sister's school as big school.

I am ready for the school year to begin and again I am not. The kids are getting bored and need the separation that going to school provides. This time away from each other makes the house so much more harmonious. There is less bickering during the school year with the exception of long breaks like Christmas and spring breaks. The reason that I am not ready should be obvious. I am not ready for my baby to be that old. It means that she is definitely a big kid.

Once the kids go back, so do I. I will be taking 2 online classes this fall. I decided that the class load that I carried during the spring semester was just too much, especially if I find a job. Yes, the job search still continues. There really are not many positions out there for my field of expertise. I spoke with one company that is hoping to have a position open up in the next 6 months that I am "perfect for". Their words, not mine. But in the mean time, I am still looking. I cannot bank on a hope.

No comments: