Thursday, December 1, 2011

Clutter Control

I have been on a mission this week: Clutter Control. I admit that I am a pack rat. My husband jokes that he needs to call on of those shows that deals with hoarders. I am not that bad, but I do have a hard time getting rid of something that I might use or that I can put in a yard sale.

Yard sales are alot of work, but I have done well in the past. This is why I keep things with the intention of selling them. I was not able to have a yard sale this year. The weather was not very cooperative this year. It seemed to either rain or be way too hot to be outside on Saturdays, my normal yard sale day. I have decided that I have too much stuff to be able to have it ready or enough tables to sell everything that I have. As a result I have been boxing and bagging things for donation. I have 2 full bags of clothes & 2 boxes for donation, a bag of clothes for my mom to go through, a small bag of clothes has been delivered to day care, and I have a trash bag for my friend's boys. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Now that I have items ready for donation I need to decide which place to drop them off at. The top two contenders are Goodwill and the resale shop that benefits a local no kill animal shelter. Maybe I'll take the first load to one and the next load to the other. There the decision has been made. :0)

No comments: