Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday

Did you brave the stores today? I did, but I was not one of the people waiting in line for the sales to start. My normal Black Friday shopping starts around 9 or 10 in the morning. This year with most of the stores starting their sales at midnight I got to the store at about 8. I was SHOCKED to still find some of the great electronics deals that they were offering. My local supercenter still had palates of Wii's, Blu-ray players, & TV's. DVD's, games, and CD's. This trip was also a success. I found almost everything that I was looking for except the sets of glass bowls that I wanted. I guess the saying "You snooze you loose." applies for this item.

Today's experience was very different in many ways. I not only started out earlier, but I also did not shop alone. My husband decided that he wanted to tag along, which was nice. I was able to leave him with the cart and get into crowded isles to find the bargain items that I was looking for. I was also able to send him after things that I missed. On the other hand, if I had gone alone I think I would have spent less money. That's OK though, it is rare that he helps with Christmas (or Birthday) shopping. I am hoping that by helping out it will help to put him in a better frame of mind when it comes to Christmas. He is ofter a bit of a scrooge about the holidays.

Now the rest of the fun begins: putting up and decorating the tree, decorating the house, and wrapping presents.

No comments: