Tuesday, November 22, 2011

As We Prepare To Celebrate Thanksgiving...

Preparations for Thanksgiving will keep us busy this week. Among all the hustle and bustle I wanted to stop for a moment to reflect on what I am thankful for.

First of all I am thankful for my family. Not just my immediate family (kids, parents, etc.) but also all of my extended family. I am excite to see alot of my aunts, uncles & cousins on Thursday when we celebrate Thanksgiving at my Aunt Theresa's house.

I am thankful that my husband found a great job last December just weeks after I was informed I was being laid off. In addition, I am thankful for my husband who works so hard and many long days (12 hour days for the last month with no end in sight) to support the family financially.

I am thankful for all of my great friends. They may not be large in number, but they are the ones that I know I can turn to for anything at anytime.

I am thankful that we have our freedom. Thanks to all those who have served in the military, including my dad.

I am thankful that we have a home to live in & food to eat.

I am thankful for the wonderful teachers & support staff at my children's schools.

I am thankful for having access to medical care.

There are many more things that I am thankful for, but I have kids asking for help with homework, laundry calling my name and dinner to cook. So I will stop my list there.

May you all have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. For those of you who will be doing Black Friday shopping, by safe and I hope you are able to find all of the items on your list.

No comments: