Friday, November 11, 2011

Cookies, Cookies, & More Cookies

That is what my life is all about right now - COOKIES. Well, Girl Scout Cookies to be more precise. On Monday I went to pick up our troop's cookie order. It consisted of 48 cases (576 boxes) of cookies. Now that might sound like alot, but there were troop leaders that were at the pick up location that had 30+ cases of one variety of cookie alone. One troop needed 3 minivans packed FULL to get all of their cookies. That is one reason that I like having a small troop. 48 cases was more than enough to have to load, unload, sort, reload, deliver to parents at meeting location, and manage the money. I also had my girls' orders to sort & deliver. I also have the extra boxes that we had to order to fill out a case of each type, as well as the cookies from our troop door to door sales. It falls on me to deliver this last batch of cookies as well. Everyone else is busy this Saturday and cannot help me. My girls are spending the night at my parents' house tonight, so they will not be there to help either.

I am getting to a point that I do not want to see another box of Girl Scout Cookies again for a very long time. That will not happen because I have about 30 extra boxes at my house that we need to get sold ASAP. As a troop we will have to pay for any unsold boxes, which cuts into the amount of money that we have to spend on fun activities with the girls. If you want any cookies, please let me know.

No comments: