Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

First of all, I hope all of the moms had a Wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Here's what my day consisted of

  • Breakfast with the in-laws
  • Car trip to the campgrounds to pick up the kids (Jay, Zee & my niece spent the weekend camping with my parents)
  • Loaded 4 kids in the van and then discovered that a tire was going flat.
  • Unloaded the kids and changed the tire (B actually did this)
  • Found a nail in the tire
  • Went to the tire shop to get the tire fixed (Luckily they were not very busy, so we were there less than an hour.)
  • Went to work
  • Ate dinner at a local Mexican restaurant (Not my first choice, but it was good.)
  • Walked around Target to kill time before dropping off my niece
  • Dropped off my niece
  • Took the kids bowling
  • Got home just to leave again
  • Went for a LONG walk
  • Gave the girls a bath
  • Took a shower
  • Went to bed

It was not the best day, but it was a good one. I shouldn't complain. My best friend did not have a very good weekend. She found on Friday out that her mom in having some serious health problems which will likely require surgery. The problem with this is that she said she will never have another surgery. She goes back to the doctor today to discuss treatment options. In addition to all of this they received a call that her mom's brother was killed in a motor vehicle accident yesterday morning.

I have a favor to ask of anyone who is reading this to please send good thoughts and/or prayers their way. I am trying to be positive, but I am also waiting for the third thing to happen. I believe that things like this happen either as an isolated single occurrence or in sets of 3.

No comments: