Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sleep?? What's that????

I have a 16 month old baby who must think that she is a newborn. I cannot get more than 5 hours of sleep at a time out of Sissy. She has been going to bed between 8 & 9 and she wakes up the first time between 10:30 & 2:30 EVERY NIGHT!!!!

There are many nights that I just stay up thinking that as soon as I get comfy & fall asleep, she will wake up screaming. I have been trying to soothe her back to sleep while she is still in her bed. This only works some of the time. I have also resorted to the BIG NO NO of giving her a bottle in bed. I know that I probably should just leave her in her bed and let her cry it out, but I hate to since she shares a room with Zee. I want Sissy to learn to put herself back to sleep, but not at her sister's expense. If anyone has any suggestion, I am willing to listen to them.

Last night she woke up at about 10:30 and I was able to get her back to sleep by patting her back and giving her a bottle. She then woke again at 4:30 and decided that it was time to play. I finally got her to go back to sleep about 2 hours later, which gave me a 30 minute nap before I needed to get up. I usually get up by 7 to get Jay up and off to school. Zee was downstairs at about 7:45 so that was the end of Sissy's sleeping. Sissy is also refusing to nap more than 30 minutes a day this week.

With Sissy's behavior (In addition to not sleeping she just isn't quite herself.) I am almost thinking that I need to take her to the doctor. I wonder if her ears are bothering her. She has been poking at & pulling on them this week. I don't know if it's a boredom buster or if it's because they hurt. I guess I'll wait and see how things go tonight before I make my final decision.

No comments: