Monday, June 25, 2007

Calgon, Take Me Away....

The guys left Friday night. Zee did not get to go. Grandpa didn't really want her to go, so she went camping with my parents instead. My mom took her Wed. evening and I picked her up Sat. afternoon. She told me at one point that she was camping all summer.

Once Zee came home she and Sissy have been fighting like cats & dogs. If Zee is sitting in a chair Sissy thinks she needs to be on that particular chair. That's just one example of what's been going on. I have a new appreciation for what single parents go through. B is not the most helpful when it comes to the kids, but I can occasionally leave the kids with him and do something. Even if it is as simple as him taking the kids upstairs while I do the dishes it helps.

I will finally get my break away from the kids next month. My best friend will be flying in on a Friday and leaving on a Monday. She's getting a hotel room and the two of us will be spending a glorious kid free weekend there. I hope to get tickets to a comedy club and a musical for Fri & Sat nights. During the day we will go shopping, sight seeing or whatever we want. I am SO looking forward to this.

The last time I got any time away was an overnight trip for a bowling tournament. That was over 5 years ago. Jay was 6 and we had finally gotten pregnant again. We told everyone and within a week I had a miscarriage. That was just a few days before I was scheduled to leave for the tournament. B wasn't happy that I was going, so we were fighting as well. Needless to say, it was not a very enjoyable trip.

B is not happy that I am having my weekend away, but I don't care. I need a break. He does not realize what I go through on a daily basis.

No comments: