Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sick Babies

I have been dealing with sick babies since Friday. 3 of them to be exact: Zee, Sissy & my husband. Zee must've brought home a virus from day care. She has been attending a small family run day care center one morning a week. They've sent several kids home with fevers lately.

Zee had a fever for about 24-36 hours. B was home sick from work Mon & Tues. (Wouldn't it be nice to be able to call in sick??? When I'm sick I still have to do all of my regular duties, regardless of how bad I feel. It can be hell for us stay at home moms when we are not feeling well. ) He said he had a fever and just felt achy. Sissy has had the worst of it.

Sissy started running a fever sometime Sat. It went as high as 103.5. She was still running about 100.2 yesterday. I think it is finally gone today. She has been crabby and EXTREMELY clingy. I can't hardly get anything done. (Right now she is sitting in the living room with a bottle watching her sister play with her Barbie computer.) We have not been sleeping well. I have gotten about 4 hours of sleep each night for the last week. And those 4 hours are not 4 hours straight. It's come in the form of 10 -60 minute stretches with anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours awake in between.

I have spent alot of time cleaning up vomit too. I have washed one blanket everyday for the last 3 days. For whatever reason the virus that Zee had has hit Sissy full force. The Dr. said that it usually takes 3-7 days to run it's course, sometimes it takes 10 days!!! We are on day 6 with no end in sight. I hope it ends SOON. I can't take much more!!!!

No comments: