Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Company Update

Things have somewhat calmed down around here. Kay and her boys stayed at her parent's house last night. She did bring them over for about 2 hours. She wanted to see her mom and she took her grandma (mom's mom) with her.

You would think that taking care of an additional 5 kids would be tough, but it really hasn't been. I guess all of my years of experience working at day cares has really helped. The only real problem I had today was with the 2 oldest boys, Jay being one of them. They were throwing toys, choking others and biting others. This is not behavior that I will tolerate from kids, especially from a 9 & 11 year old. It really infuriated me when I heard that the 9 year old was biting. I hate it when Sissy bites and she isn't quite 18 months. As part of his punishment he was told that he was not going to be allowed to spend the night here tonight.

I can't remember if I had said in a previous post that B decided to replace the flooring in one of the bathrooms. He thought that we would have it done by Sunday night. When I say "we" I mean his parents. They are the ones who did all of the work, with the exception of removing the toilet.

Well.....We just got the vinyl laid yesterday evening. I tried to paint the area that will be behind the toilet this afternoon. I figured that I would get it painted before putting the toilet back, especially considering how small of a room it is. I have a can of light purple paint that I thought would be great in that room. The color is so pretty in the can, but once it was on the wall it dried very dark in comparison. I borrowed a can of primer from the in-laws and have put one coat over the purple. When I finish with this post I will put a second coat and hopefully get to paint in there tomorrow morning. I really would like to have the toilet working again. B always decides to do these projects at the worse times and they never go as smoothly as they should. Oh well. I guess I should be used to that by now.

No comments: