Sunday, July 8, 2007

Kid Free Weekend Postponed

I'm sure this does not come as a surprise. Kay and I have postponed our weekend out to a yet to be determined later date. It will all depends on what happens with her mom and how much help her dad needs after the fact. I'm sure Kay will need some time away after her mom dies even more than before. (It seems so callous to talk about her mom's impending death. We know that it is coming and we are not expecting a miracle recovery. I know that miracles happen, but I'm not counting on one. God's Will will be done.)


I know Kay loves her family, but she really needs, no I think deserves is a better word, a break. Her husband travels with his job, so 80-90% of the time she is essentially a single parent. She is a stay at home mom with 5 boys and she home schools them. I have to say that she is a better woman that I am. I don't think that I would be able to handle all of that.

We will get our weekend sometime. It might be several months down the road, but that's OK.

No comments: